Submission to Kaunas International Film Festival 2013 is open to feature films, documentaries and short films.
In order to be eligible for selection, the films must be submitted on DVD, and accompanied by a duly completed entry form. Entry forms are available at www.kinofestivalis.lt
There is no entry fee.
Selected films will either be included in the main festival programmes, or screened at warm-up and club events before and during the KIFF, up to 3 screenings.
None of the submission enclosures will be returned.
Kaunas IFF cannot offer feedback, suggestions, or constructive criticism on entries.
All submissions must be sent Kaunas IFF office latest by 10th June 2013.
Send your screener to the following address (please state the section you are applying to on the envelope):
Kaunas International Film Festival
Submission to [please, insert the section title]
Vytauto pr. 71
FEATURE FILM AND DOCUMENTARY SUBMISSION
Feature films in all genres and documentaries for the sections “Wide Angle”, “Identity”, “Music Moves the world” and “All the muses” are eligible. Films should fit into the descriptions of the sections below:
This section aims to present worldwide-acclaimed feature films as well new discoveries which reflect contemporary tendencies in the film art.
Films included in “Identity” section are films with different angles on identity problems. The themes are international diversity that deal with personal and psychological development, immigration and emigration questions, and cultural dilemmas within countries and communities.
“Music Moves the world”
The festival presents unique features with many interesting bands and topics among them films about music culture, presenting personalities and their creative process.
“All the Muses”
This section is presenting films about arts . It consists of selected films about arts and artists, the purpose of art, subtleties of the creative process as well as the relationship between film and other arts. Films presented in this section ranges topics about architecture to graffiti, just to mention a few of the topics.
SHORT FILM SUBMISSION
All entries must fall into at least one of the following: short narrative, creative documentary,
1. Must be completed after January 1st 2012.
2. Must be in its original language.
3. Must be available in a good quality print or digital (HDcam, DigiBeta, Betacam SP) with English subtitles if the original language is not English..
4. Feature films and documentaries must have their running time longer than 60 minutes.
5. Must be available for three screenings during Kaunas IFF.
6. Must not have been screened in Lithuania previously.
7. Must label all DVDs with the following information: title, run-time, director´s name, contact name (if different from director´s), contact e-mail, contact address, and synopsis (max 550 words).
8. Must be the original work of the submitter or submitters. The filmmaker must have the right or permission to use all music, images, graphics, footage, etc. within the film.
9. Must not be works in progress. Please be sure all entries in all categories are fully completed before submitting.